Back to the Future

Technology is rapidly transforming communication landscape and this generation is eagerly adopting this new way of life, actually today’s children are growing up in a new reality. With my smart phone you can text, check your email, search the internet, pay bills and much more. For some of us raised in the 20th Century it is hard to keep up with all available benefits to our disposal.

This week I’m participating on the Grassroots News International (GNI) Strategy Summit her in Kona, Hawaii. I’ve been invited by Jeff Rogers to facilitate the planning sections to develop a three years strategic plan that will move GNI to the next level. Two of the participants are participating in the meeting via skype and Google meeting, one in Brazil and the other in Switzerland.

Before the first section yesterday Jeff took me to the “Innovision Studio” where we are meeting. For the brain storming sections I asked for a whiteboard or a flipchart which were available at the Innovision Studio. In order to be a good learner I said: Jeff, take me out of the 20th Century into the 21st Century.

With few stroke in the keyboard and wires connected to laptop computers to two TV screen in the wall, we were connected to two continents, sharing documents in Google Drive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!