Let the Great Adventure Begin


The phone rung just after midnight, “we are at the hospital the baby is coming”, said the voice in the other side of the line. Knowing that babies in our family take a long time to come I went back to bed and went to the hospital in the morning. I was right; Eliza did not come until early next morning.
   
The waiting room of the delivery ward was a place that provided a unique view of life where apprehensions become joy, anxiety becomes happiness and worries become praises.
Fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, friends and neighbors all come together to witness the gift of new life. Cell phones and smart phone in hand they all waited with expectation a view of the newcomer sent instantaneously to the view of a captive and nervous audience.

Life is a special gift from God. King David said:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16

To be granddad is a matchless experience, one that cannot be compared. Words cannot describe the intensity of the emotions of seeing this tiny little person for the first time. To think that the one who formed her whisper in her ears For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 gives nothing else that hope and joy.

Welcome to the world Eliza! Let the great adventure begin. Life is precious and worth to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!