Tip for dealing with adversity

We expect things always work the way we like. On occasions circumstances and other challenges can make life difficult and we say “life is not fair”. The fairness of life is not the issue here; the real issue is how we face those challenges.

Organizing the Proficiency in Survival Craft (lifeboat) course here in the Canaries Islands has not been easy. Every time I think I overcame one hurdle another one pops up in front of me. I requested a four days course the crew of the Africa Mercy and was told that the course would take 10 working days. That is problem “numero uno”, how could 10 crew members be release for two weeks during the ship’s preparation for the field service in Africa. This was solved when the school manager understood I want a different course, a four days lifeboat course.

Then was problem “numero dos”, the list of students for the course had to be submitted to the “Capitania” Spanish Maritime Authority, two weeks prior to the beginning of the course, but the course needed to begin on August first. This was taken care as the “Capitania” expedited the approval process. 

I had not finished releasing a breath of relief when problem “numero tres” arrived. The school wanted an unusual way of making payment for the course. This I hope to overcome by the end of the week. I pray that no more monkey wrenches will be thrown my way, but if it does I will try to remember Jesus words: “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34.

Comments

AnaSantos said…
Thank you for sharing Marcos...I am dealing with the nummber "UNO" adversity here in Spain...good tips.

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!