Home Sweet Home

After a long flight, I arrived back in Van, Texas Friday evening. No problems with the airplane this time. The last day onboard the Africa Mercy was hectic, the Deck and Engineers devotion began 7:45 am, worship, a brief message, the Captain’s announcements and the certificates presentation.
Certificates were presented to the eight motorman successfully completed the course and certificates were presented to three Deck Ratings and six Engine Ratings who completed their Rating Record books.
When the meeting finished I went to my cabin to pack, the night before I had worked until nine in order to have everything ready for the next day. Most of the time the internet on board is very slow. We left the Africa Mercy at 12:15 pm in order to get the 2:30 pm ferry to the airport. The sail to the Island where the Lungi airport is located was good. We had a good look of the Africa Mercy as the ferry sailed by.
I arrived home safe but very tired. It seems that the sleep I get during the flight does not provide much rest, but it is nice to be back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!