Friday Night

Last night I went to Waterloo with the Jesus Film team to show the Jesus Film. It took us one a half hour to get there and one hour to return. The traffic in Free Town, as most West African port cities, provides you with a lifetime experience. The road actually was not too bad. It is the amount of vehicles, in quite a bad shape, all the people walking and crossing the road and frequent potholes that keeps me at the edge of my seat as if I am watching an Indiana Jones movie.

The rain started to come down at diner time. I looked out of my cabin window (porthole) and though, “who in the world want to go out in a rain like this to show a video?” I have to say, that I was tired and would not mind not going out in that rain. The two Land Rovers were ready to leave the ship; rain was coming down like the flood. The whole time I was wandering how we were going to show the film with all that water coming down.

As per Divine design, Jeremy Garcia asked me to me to pray for the trip and for the rain to stop. Concerning rain, with the drought in Texas, my prayers have been for rain to fall, not for the rain to stop. To pray for safe trip was not a problem, but to pray for the “flood” to stop within one hour was a bit intimidating. Would my faith be enough to stop the rain? What if the rain would not stop? However, that moment was not about my faith. It had to do with the steep of faith the ten of us had taken to be willing to get in the cars, drive to Waterloo to show the Jesus Film to those that does not know him.

I prayed for a safe trip, for God’s grace for those that were going to watch the film and for the rain to stop. Well, rain came down most of the way. However, when we arrived there was not raining. Actually, it was dry as if it had not rain for few days. We set the screen, showed the film and people came forward. Some times, we lack courage not faith.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!