Stranded in Banjul

Although it is not always easy to travel, I enjoy it. Some time, just the planning and organization of the trip is enough to get me excited. It was not different for this trip to Sierra Leone. I knew it would be a long trip, Tyler, Dallas, Chicago, Brussels, a quick stop in Banjul (Gambia) and finally Free Town, Sierra Leone. The flight went well until the last leg of the trip, Banjul to Free Town. As the airplane accelerated to take off a bird, I am not sure what kind, decided to flight in front of the plane and hit, the turbine maybe sucked. I felt an engine noise, acceleration immediately reduced, and few minutes lather the breaks stopped the airplane just before the end of the runway. The plane returned and we were sent to the Ocean View Hotel. So far, I enjoy the amenities. We received a message around lunchtime that we depart 11pm this evening. In a way, it is nice to have a day of rest before all the activities waiting for me on board the Africa Mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!