Second Day in Paradise

The next day I woke up at nine in the morning, quite unusual for my normal routine of being out of bed at six, had breakfast and went back to my room for more rest. The last months have been quite intense for me. Projects and deadlines have not allowed much time for brain and body recovery. Two weeks ago, I arranged to go to my friends’ place, the Menefee, south of Van for two days of rest. However, I could not find the keys for the gate and ended up staying at home mowing the lawn and doing other chores. I can remember a time when I had two full days of rest. Therefore, I took fully advantage of the opportunity.

Following the repair to the damage caused by a stone strike to the airplane engine Brussels airlines schedule a new flight, SN1226, was set to Wednesday, August 24 at 23:30 from Banjul to Free Town. We left the Ocean View Hotel at 22:00 and left to our destination. We arrived in Free Town two o’clock in the morning. The Lungi airport is located in an island and Free Town in the other side of the river, a ferry took us close to the dock where crew members were waiting for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!