An Extra Day in Paradise

SN Brussels arranged fly into Lungi (Freetown) at 23h00 what would get us there 12h30 Wednesday morning. A Mercy Ships representative, Pr Mark, arranged for seven passengers arriving on that flight to stay in the guest accommodation overnight near the airport before going to the ship in the morning.

We had diner around seven in the evening. The bus to the airport was to leave at nine. I went to my room, close my bags and lay dawn in bed waiting to go to the hotel lob quarter to nine. At eight thirty, somebody banged at my door. The bus is here and the first group is getting ready to go. I got my suitcase that was waiting at the door and headed to the hotel lobby. Only to find out that the flight was canceled, the technicians who were working to fix the problem caused by the bird were not ready.

The disappointment in everyone’s face was evident. I was luck enough not to have my luggage in side the bus. Some passengers took their frustration on the staff that did not have any thing to do with the delay. It was eleven o'clock when I received a new room key. I slept through the night, woke up at the noise of my alarm at six third in the morning and slept again until nine. I have just been awarded an extra day in paradise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!