Week in Review

Today is Saturday, for the second time I walked down the gangway. Yesterday evening I went with the Jesus Film team to show the film at Congowater. I will talk about that experience lather.

On Tuesday, we prepared for the Crowd Management classes that started on Wednesday morning. The curriculum approved by Malta limit the number of students to 10 students per class. The first class was Wednesday 8 to 12 in the morning, Thursday 1 to 5 in the afternoon and yesterday 8 to 12 in the morning. Classes will resume Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.


A distinguished characteristic of cities in the tropics is that people spend a good deal of time outside their home. Everyday there are many people on the streets of Free Town, but on Saturday, it seems that everyone come to the streets to buy and sell or just hung around.

We left the ship at noon and could barely navigate through the sea of people. We stop first at the Cotton Tree that is one of the symbols on the establishment of the country. Then we went to the Craft Market for a lesson in African economics. We market entered trough the fabric/clothing area. I was overwhelmed by the color, pattern, and beauty displayed in the small boots, and even more overwhelmed by the resolve of the vendors in offering me the best deal of my life.


Lawrence the ship’s Boson came to my cabin last Wednesday to talk about training. When he was leaving, I asked which church he was going Sunday. He replied, “Yes you will preach. The service will on family and you will be the preacher. Praise God!” So tomorrow, Sunday, I will preach in Lawrence Adjei’s church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!