Lesson Number One – Be Patient

After four flights (Tyler – Dallas – New York – Brussels – Free Town) we arrived Sierra Leone, West Africa. Going through immigration was easy compared to getting our luggage in the baggage claim area. The baggage claim area soon became packed full after all passengers rightfully decided to pick up their luggage. With so many bodies together, the heat could not be left out and decided to join the party giving us a warm African welcome.
At first, for a moment, I managed to get closer to the carrousel, but was pushed out further and further until I could no longue see what was going on the other side of the sea of people. At that point, I said to myself, “Why not be patient and wait for most people to get their bags, and then when things clear up and I get mine, my luggage is probably with the last batch”. Guess what? My luggage was one of the last one to show up. Lesson number one for a successful trip to Africa: be patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!