Arrival in Liberia



I arrived onboard the Africa Mercy Wednesday evening. Captain Jon Fadely picked me and a Nigerian Bishop who came to be seen by Dr. McDaniel. The rain made the hour driving to Monrovia almost two hours. At the ship, after the arrival paper work was done, the hospitality lady served our diner and showed the cabin I’m staying.

Captain Jon reminded me that I was to bring devotions to the technical staff (deck and engineers) quarter to eight next morning. The alarm clock went off 6 AM. I felt as my mind was awake, but my body at sleep; by 7 AM I forced both mind and body to be at the same pace and got out of bed.

Worship at deck seven was amazing; contemporary songs blend with African songs were enough to wake me up. I spoke on II Corinthians 13:11, where we are encouraged to aim to perfection, and the life style of a learner.

Between meetings, my friend Vincent Luwizhi gave me a mango, the biggest mango I have seen for a long time. Mango is my favorite fruit; I pan to each it when I have time to enjoy it in a relaxing and enjoyable manner.

Last night we had Community Meeting and this morning I went to the Program’s Reporting, again at quarter to eight; is exciting to hear first hand what God is doing here in Liberia.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forty Years With Mercy Ships

A Tribute to Pelé

Happy Father's Day!